Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Canada

Ever since chad and I got married, ( almost 5 years) I have wanted to meet his grandma who lives in Canada. This year I asked chad's mom if Brayli and I could tag along and was so happy when she said yes! First thing was to get our passports. Getting passports wasn't as hard as I thought it would be. I really wish chad could have gone with us, hopefully next time :) June 18th we went to star valley, then the morning of the 20th we headed out for Canada. We went to Portland, OR first to stay the night with Andy and Alex. While in Portland andy took us to Multnomah falls, which is absolutely gorgeous! Voo-Doo donuts, I had a mango one, so good. These donuts are not your everyday donut. Then that evening when alex got home we went to the food carts. We had Mexican food and it was very good as well. They say we have now experienced Portland. Bryali was a little scared of ella ( andy and alex's dog) but she warmed up and ended up petting her :) maybe someday she can have a dog. Saturday morning we all got up and headed to Canada. There was so much traveling, and I was so nervous of how brayli would do, but to my surprise she did fabulous! I think It helped having aunt sara to play with. It was so nice to finally arrive at grandma's. Grandma frith is more than I imagined! She is so kind, caring and so loving! She always had a smile on her face. she was so excited to see everyone. It was fun to see the neighbor hood of which chad's mom grew up. Sunday night we went to the lake nearby and walked on the beach. At first Brayli wanted nothing to do with the water, then we couldn't get her away from it. Monday we went to mall, dollar store ( coolest dollar store ever!) had Chinese, the famous tim bites ( tim bites are donut holes that have filling in them and are so good!) Then that evening we went to Pam's Brother's house and had hamburgers with everyone. Then we went bowling. In Canada bowling only has 5 pins and the ball is tiny with no holes, very different but we had so much fun! Andy made it exciting with his turkey dance. Tuesday before andy and alex left we went to Orchards. WE tasted fresh apple juice ( brayli's favorite) and many more samples. Then we headed over to planet bee, we tasted lots of honey and picked a few out to buy. We tried to find the queen bee, but we had no luck. after naps we went swimming at the recreation center. Wednesday we went to the science museum, and had some relaxation time. Thursday we were hoping to go to the water slides but it was another rainy day. We went to farmers market, and went back to the orchards. This time at the orchards we went at saw the animals, and took a tracket train ride around the orchard. we learned about the orchard and lots about apples. swimming was out evening activity again. Friday was finally nice so to the water slides we went. Sara was such a big help and braylli loved the slides. This was when I really wished chad could have been there. Being pregnant the slides were not that appealing to have to walk to the top several times. Time bites are a tradition to take to the slides so of course that was a yummy treat. we had so much fun, even grandma pam and papa Bryant went on the slides. We had so much fun in Canada and can't wait for the next trip. It was so fun meeting all pam's family! Saturday we headed for home. we finally got home sunday and it was soood to see chad again and just be home. We had so much fun it took a few days to recoop. Thanks for letting us go grandma and grandpa and helping with brayli so much! enjoy the picture overload of the trip...
Columbia river

No comments:

Post a Comment