Wednesday, May 29, 2013
Quiet Book
I have always wanted a quiet book for brayli, and just didn't want to pay for one lol. Well, about a month ago chad;s grandma mentioned it to me. So with her help I was able to get things figured out. Chad's cousin Angie, just made one for her little girl, and I thought there is no way I can make one of those. I really doubted myself and finally one night as I was putting brayli back to bed at 11:30 it all came to me. SO the next day I headed to Joann's. Chad let me leave brayli home with him while I went, which is such a huge help! When I go to Joann's it's like going to walmart I never come out with just what was on the list and I get looking at other things. I can spend an hour easy into joann's if not more. The following week my visiting teacher volunteered to take brayli and let her play at her house for a few hours, another huge help so I could get started on the book.
A lesson I learned while doing the book..you can not sew on sticky Velcro! Yep. I learned the hard way. Since that was not working out for me, I got discouraged and put the book away for a week. I really wanted to do this all on my own, with little help as possible from my mother. when I told her about the Velcro, she said she could have told me it wouldn't work, and that she too had to learn like I did. I'm grateful to know that even my mother who is the best seamstress, had to learn the hard way.
I also learned, that If I put my mind to something, I can accomplish. I am so grateful chad's grandma mentioned the idea and helped out! What a huge blessing that was and a learning experience for me. Thanks Grandma McKen! I hope my children will love and cherish this quiet book! :)















I had to leave a cute little message on the back :) I do hope to add at least one more page, which will be weather. But for now it is done, and I am very happy. Oh, and do to the Velcro problem I had I have to wait tell joann's gets more of the sew on Velcro I was using, to finish the the tic tac toe page, I out of stocked them lol :)
I Hope this book will keep brayli busy on our long trip to Canada in just a few weeks!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


LOVE IT!!!!! Good work Shayli! I love your spin on each page. esp, the eyes on the lady bug! Why didn't I think of that?! :)How big is each page? Did you use felt for the background of each page? Did you put something in between each page to make it stiffer? And I love your cover and back page. Much simpler, and I think nice than mine. Congratulations!!! Brayli and your future little ones are very lucky. :)
ReplyDeleteThanks Angie! I think yours is way better, but thank you! Just like you said there are some pages that will take brayli a while to understand how it works. I used felt for the background of the pages and each page is around 9.5 x7. Nothing in between. We are going to Canada Ina few weeks and I really hope this helps in the car :)
DeleteThanks Angie! I think yours is way better, but thank you! Just like you said there are some pages that will take brayli a while to understand how it works. I used felt for the background of the pages and each page is around 9.5 x7. Nothing in between. We are going to Canada Ina few weeks and I really hope this helps in the car :)
DeleteI LOVE this quiet book! and I think I am going to need one! So, where do I put my order in?
ReplyDeleteI have missed SO much! I need to remember to check your blog more often!! I am LOVING it!