Monday, May 6, 2013

My Latest Project

When my Gandmother passed she had these cute little chest's that my mom and new would be a good project to refinish. My dad was able to get them, and i am so happy he did. Our room is a good size but the other 2 rooms in our apartment are kina small. I knew i would not have roomm from a crib, glider, dresser, and changing table. Then i thought of the chest's my parents had. My mom let me have one, so while at their house a few weeks ago, i started my first ever refinishing project. IT didn't take me long to sand it down, and brayli even tried to help. Brayli is always wanting to help me with what ever i am doing lately. When we got back home last week, this dresser was my first priority ( when i start something i just want to get it done). I used spray primer, then used a few coats of the off white color i chose of spray paint, then i roughed it up in a few places to give it a little antique look and put stain on it. I found the perfect knobs at hobby lobby. To finish it off i sprayed a clear protective coat over it. I couldn't be happier with how it turned out! I think it is so cute and will do just the perfect job for what i have in mind! I can't wait for the next project like this. I love turning something like this into something better, nad seeing the end result! here are some before and after pictures... Before sanded Finished result

2 comments: